What if the titles of today's popular movie releases were applied to upcoming biblical prophecies of end-time events which draw nearer each day? Lets consider a few…
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' by Al Gore: Jesus Christ is the Way, the only Way. No apologies for this truth, and there is nothing you can do to change it. Global Warming smells of Global Government. While it is true that we may be experiencing climate change in parts of the world, to suggest that that it is permanent or potentially catastrophic unless humans alter their behavior is absurd and is largely backed by what can only be called 'bad science'. To refute this 'theory' is to be labeled 'stupid' by the liberal media juggernaut. However, I must admit that I am amazed at the momentum building behind this unprecedented merger of environmental causes and politcal agendas.For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- Leonardo DiCaprio's '11th Hour' champions various 'Green' evironmental causes. DiCaprio states "we're on the brink" and "the hour is near". www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2007/05/dicaprio200705And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.
- During the family dinner hour movie trailers are being broadcast on network television which could hardly be described as suitable for young children to view. Currently there is a trailer for a movie called 'The Reaping' starring Hillary Swank and David Morrissey which is COMING SOON. The movie depicts a variety of biblical plagues which affect people on earth. The 'reaping' these filmmakers are referring to is the Great Tribulation as described in the Book of Revelation. While a 'reaping' is coming soon, what is more important is believing that Jesus the messiah is COMING SOON (for the 2nd time), so I suppose suppose Hollywood would tag any movie they made on this impending event as
2nd COMING SOON. For more info read Revelation."This is what the LORD declares: " 'The dead bodies of men will lie like refuse on the open field, like cut grain behind the reaper, with no one to gather them.'"
I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.
"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.
He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
- 'Are We Done Yet?' starring Ice Cube: No man knows the day or the hour.No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
- 'Black Book': Don't let your misinformed prejudices prevent you from reading the most-read book in history which leads to 'The Book of Life'.He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
- 'The Lookout': Watch! Be ready!"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour."
- 'After the Wedding': people will coninue as always, eating, drinking, marrying while the wedding supper of the Lamb is being prepared in Heaven.As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' " And he added, "These are the true words of God."
- 'Live Free or Die': The price has been paid for your soul by the blood of Jesus…accept His free gift of eternal life or die. Choose wisely.For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.
Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.
For the greatest part, Hollywood continues to churn out garbage wrapped all pretty with a bow in an attempt to pass it off as entertainment or even more fashionably as urgent information for how you can help 'save the planet'. But in the end, Hollywood is going to burn like the rest of the world.
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.
Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.
2 Peter 3:10-13