My heart is heavy. Perhaps you sense it too. It’s the darkest hour, the darkness is pressing in from every direction… but the sun will soon shine, bright and glorious.
Read this either silently to yourself or out loud…
“Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”
This is most likely the second most commonly spoken prayer in history, second only to the many short variations of “God Save Me!”, “God Help Me!”, “Oh God!”
I see that great destruction is rapidly approaching, along with fear, panic, confusion, hopelessness, deep despair, and death. Resist! Do not give in to these states of mind that can leave as quickly as they came… know that our Blessed Hope has never been closer.
Jesus/Yeshua is coming to save those of us who “Call on His Name”, to take us to be with him in Paradise forever.
The seed of thought which moved me to start writing this post is rooted in being reminded that Halloween is almost here. We’re told, “its all just for fun”, that is, everything related to the celebration of things that are ugly, evil, dark, demonic, and related to death. Witches, Monsters, and Skeletons.
Hallow! Words have deeper meaning that we almost take for granted in day-to-day speech. This morning I feel drawn to the word “Hallow” which as a verb means to “honor as holy” or as a noun means “a saint or holy person”. Hallow is the root word of “Halloween” and is said to have derived from an ancient holiday (aka Holy Day) known as “All Saints Eve“. Do you see the word connection now? Hallow-een = Saints’ Eve
What if there is a true, deeper meaning to this day that like so many things, has been corrupted over time by the Father of Lies…Satan, the Devil?
Please don’t begrudge me for thinking out loud…
Who is Jesus/Yeshua going to save in the Rapture? All the Saints, that’s who. The Saints are those who believe and trust that Jesus/Yeshua is the Son of God, our Redeemer, who promised some 2,000 years ago to come back to Save those who belong to him from the wrath and judgement that this evil, fallen world is about to be subjected to before all things are set right by the King of Kings.
What if Halloween or All Saints Day is like a road sign, warning everyone that the End of the Road is quickly approaching?
Now read the Lord’s prayer again but think of it in context of Jesus/Yeshua coming back to save the Saints.
- “Our Father, (Father God tells his son when the time is right to go and collect his bride who his son is betrothed or engaged to).
- who art in heaven, (where Jesus/Yeshua sits at the right hand of the Father, and where Jesus/Yeshua has been building ‘mansions with many rooms’ for the Saints aka the Bride of Christ)
- hallowed be thy name; (Holy is His Name.)
- thy kingdom come; (the kingdom of the King of Kings)
- thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. (He will rule supreme here on Earth from His throne in Jerusalem)
- Give us this day our daily bread; (please take care of our physical needs, as a loving father or mother does for their children)
- and forgive us our trespasses (we need His mercy and grace)
- as we forgive those who trespass against us; (being created in His image, we should strive to love others as He loves us)
- and lead us not into temptation, (the Devil’s tricks and our own proclivity to satisfy our many fleshly desires)
- but deliver us from evil.” (Jesus/Yeshua… MARANATHA!)
Look Up! Our Redemption Draws Near!
Come Quick! Save Us!
Are you saved? If you’re not, you can be right now. It’s as simple as ABC.
A: ADMIT THAT YOU’RE A SINNER
B: BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED FOR YOUR SINS, WAS BURIED, AND THAT GOD RAISED JESUS FROM THE DEAD.
C: CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD.
You can call Him Jesus,
You can call Him God,
You can call Him Yeshua, which is his Hebrew name and literally means “Salvation”.
TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that none can boast.
What next? Be filled with the joy from the Holy Spirit in knowing that God Loves you and is coming for you soon. Read his Word in the New Testament and talk (pray) to him… He’s your Creator, he hears you, and he’s been waiting for you.